Over looking Inspiration Point







Many hours I have gone to Inspiration point behind the Chapel In the Pines just to get away from
everyone and let my mind wander. This started as a camper then when i was on staff; the only one who seemed to find me quickly was Noel.  I have finally been able to put my thoughts in writing by the encouragement of my Mother (who passed away in Dec. 1996). 
Below find one of my poems (more will follow):

From the Book:  Secret Book of Gnome Writing
                                      by:  DMPiantoni


Life’s But A Second
Our time on earth is but a second
Like a grain of sand on the beach
Not knowing when it will be washed
Out to sea

At the point we are created
The end is coming very fast
God will take us from this world
Since only he knows when our part is through

Everything we do must count for it is
All part of his universal plan
Be gentle in thoughts and deeds
Not intentionally hurt those you meet
Judge or condemn not others
For what they say and do
Look for understanding and intent
Although it is not for you

When dislike is on the horizon hold it
Against the action – not the person
For we are all Gods’ creatures
In time he will let us know

Kindness of words soothes a restless soul
Forgiveness eases the mind
Honesty brings us closer together
Love will bind us in peace and harmony

Quality now days so hard to find
In a world of fast pace times
Bridge the gap there are few who do
Bringing us closer – me to you
Wrong or right, no-one can say
As we merge mind and body into one
Move fast but do not rush
Learn but do not judge

Be lead by your heart for it is true
As our second slowly fades

2 comments:

  1. Noel Laflin - Hi Dave. Just now saw this post - not sure how I overlooked it, but glad I came across it. I just want to encourage you to keep up your blogging. I have enjoyed what you have put together so far - I like the mixture of writing and photos - it's great. And it's good therapy for the soul too, isn't it? I know that has been my experience with the telling of stories, whether they be about camp or anything else for that matter. So, young friend, just keep it up! Surprise us with more of your thoughts. I look forward to it. And, as Hemingway so famously said once: "There's nothing to writing. You just sit in front of a typewriter and bleed." I think that sums it up for all writers, big and small, professional or otherwise, young or old. I am glad we reconnected after so long. And, thanks for the nice mention of me "finding" you, as you wrote about Chapel in the Pines. So, bottom line, Dave... keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

SEAL Team - Clay - I'm Dangerous