Tribe Of Ahwahnee Neckerchiefs



At Ahwahnee, there were special neckerchiefs for those who would spend time doing conservation projects. There were a total of 4 in all:   The Tribe of Ahwahnee.   
The many hours we all spent on the trails, in the campsites; especially going up to the highlands of tilroy, blackfoot and eagles roost to prepare the camp for all who would be traveling through the gate to the enchanted world of the Scouting experience.  Below are three of the 4 tribal neckerchiefs.  The hunter, The warrior and The medicine man.

I only wish that I was able to earn The Chief’s Neckerchief.

         


4 comments:

  1. WOW Dave!! I had completely forgotten about these neckerchiefs! Like you, I think I only got to Medicine Man. Such great times, memories, friendships and life lessons at Camp Awhanee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another Neckerchief that I have just received. Someone was giving them away, and he sent me one

      Delete
    2. Jay, I think the neckerchief was for elders . . .You would have to check with Noel about it.

      Delete
  2. I used to have them too. Spent many weekends on Working Party campouts with my dad. I remember Gene "Smokey" Bergner. Saw him in 1985 after Ahwahnee closed. Damn. I'd give anything to spend a weekend in that time again.

    ReplyDelete

SEAL Team - Clay - I'm Dangerous